A Lack of Resources

Today I was feeling really nostalgic about my good ole days. I decided to share with you all a really awesome memory I had back in high school. I hope you all can read this and think back to a less complicated time in your lives.

I never really knew figured out who I was in high school. The first few years of it were incredibly confusing and annoying plainly put. Awkard friend hangouts, even more awkward conversations, and don't get me started on the awful situation that was finding a lunch table. I hated high school. I had a lot of people that said we were friends without me ever understanding why we were. I was apart of sports teams, show choirs, academic groups weird clubs, nothing stuck. That was until I discovered theater...

I didn't discover myself in high school but I did understand my character. I was told who i was and there was a beauty behind that that made performing arts very enticing to a confused individual such as myself. The social camouflage that I wore on an everyday basis was applauded and loved. It gave me a great sense of purpose. But the best part of my high school theater experience was definitely meeting my best friends. Jaime Gause and Vance made highschool a shareable experience because they found the same magic in the theater. Together we made a podcast: A Lack of Resources. We would come on the air almost every Sunday and just stretch our legs. Honestly, it was one of the most amazing feelings in the world to feel truly at home. The podcast was supposed to get us recognition for our comedy but I think it was more for us if anyone. Just three guys who vibe and a microphone. I didn't have my shit figured out but every time i sat down to do an episode I knew that this is where i was meant to be.

Comments

  1. I think your experience is amazing and its awesome that you met such amazing people. I can really relate to this because I was the same in High School. I also joined Theatre and choir and that's where I discovered what I love to do. It was great to be able to read about your perspective and growth in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you found your calling. It is truly amazing when you find something that you are so passionate about and you pursue that. They always say if you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life. I truly believe that. Keep doing those podcasts, you never know what the future may hold. Always follow your dreams, and never give up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts