Electric Forest

I went to my first music festival in 2018 called Electric Forest. Since then, I have went every year that has followed. Electric Forest is located in Rothbury, Michigan and is a 4-day, one-weekend festival with music genres ranging from electronic music genres (edm) and jam band genres. People travel from all over the country and world to attend this festival, as it has been around since 2008. The venue is made of carefully crafted art pieces and themed environments incorporating all colors of the rainbow. It is indescribable. EF brings together people that are passionate about music, love, and art. It must be experienced to be appreciated by individuals and it is truly a place that I call home.
Due to cover-19 Electric Forest was unable to get approval for the rescheduling of the event. Therefore, there will be no EF this year unless they are able to pull through with something. It is extremely sad how many things have had to be canceled due to this terrible virus. I have never in my lifetime had to experience something like this that has affected me in numerous ways. If there was one thing that I didn't want to get cancelled, it would be Electric Forest. Having to wait another year to be able to go seems like a century away, as I have looked forward to this festival every year since 2018. I understand why it is going to get cancelled and I know they are just looking out for the health of every individual that attends this event and others.
I know that next years Electric Forest will be greener than ever before, and I know I will be able to go again. This gives me hope. If you haven't heard of EF, I would suggest checking it out!

Enjoy this picture of me and my friends at EF last year!


Comments

  1. I agree it is super sad that all of the summer music festivals are put in jeopardy due to this virus. my boyfriend and I were planning to go to Summer Smash and I was thinking of going to Lake Shake being that we live in a suberb of Chicago. It's really sad, it would my boyfriends second year of Summer Smash and my first of going to any music festival. Rolling Loud got cancelled and now there is talk of Lollapalooza getting cancelled. However, the Mayor of Chicago, Lori Lightfoot has announced that they will hold off on the cancellation of Lolla due to it being further down the road yet and there is still time for this to clear up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely hard to think that a lot of activities considered summer necessities could be canceled.... I can't say I have ever been to a music festival, I definitely am interested though. I'm really into jam bands like phish and the grateful dead, and one of my old buddies I worked at bar with was really trying convince me to give it a try. Hearing your fond memories has really inspired me to do so!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I have heard of Phish! If you like jam bands I would definitely suggest looking up The Glass Animals if you haven't heard of them before. They are one of my favorite jam bands, they are really different but so good! Im so glad I inspired you, I highly suggest you go to one!

      Delete
  3. I have always wanted to go to EF so bad!! I have been to Bonnaroo twice and Lollapalooza 3 times and it was the best experience of life. The first one is in Tennessee and the second one is in Chicago. I high suggest going to one of them next year. I am so sad that most of the music festivals are getting cancelled due to the virus but I know next year when this is over they will better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I actually went to Bonnaroo last year and loved it as well! It was my first time. I haven't been to Lolla yet, but I have been wanting to go. I only live a couple hours from Chicago, so ill definitely go one of these times. I am sad also that many of them are cancelled, but it makes me look forward to how awesome it'll be next year! I highly suggest trying to go to forest. It is an experience of a lifetime. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts